A broker for Re/Max Overland brought me a copy of the current Salt Lake Realtor magazine, which includes an article listing buyers’ top 10 must have features in a Utah new homes. Are these items on your list?
- Bigger Great Rooms. No surprise here! Utah’s well earned reputation of large families and extended families translates into home buyers looking for a larger great room for the clan and friends to gather in.
- Grand Master Bath. A must have for custom home-buyers, the master bath should include double sinks, separate shower and tub, and up-graded shower and rain heads. They are also looking for a door separating the master bath from the bedroom and large, well-organized, and well-lit master closets. Custom home buyers are looking for luxury and a spa-like feel in the master bath.
- Technology and Green Features. Whether it’s home automation or energy saving features, Salt Lakes Home buyers are increasingly asking for these and are willing to pay for any additional up-front costs in order to save time, money and resources long term.
- Walk-Out Basement. Basements offer living space at a lower cost per square foot than above-ground space and can accommodate many uses from storage to elaborate theater rooms to a mother-in-law apartment. But buyers want the convenience and comfort of having direct access to the outdoors from their basements.
- Higher Ceilings. This is one area where new homes can outshine many older houses. Higher ceilings make a home feel more spacious and buyers want at least 9’ ceilings on the main floor. Vaulted, tray, and 2 story ceilings, along with 9’ basement walls, are popular with most custom home buyers.
- Three Car Garage. A 3 car garage is a must have with custom home buyers. That extra space can accommodate a vehicle, storage, or workshop space.
- Kitchen Pantry. A kitchen can never have too much storage, and new home buyers look for a kitchen pantry to give them that. A custom home gives you the opportunity to design a pantry just the way you need it.
- Central Air. If you live in Utah, you already know this. Enough said.
- Outdoor Entertainment Space. Utah is known for its outdoor activities and today’s home buyers look to their outdoor space as an extension of their indoor living space. Building a custom home gives you the opportunity to thoughtfully plan how to use and design that space.
- The “Newness” Factor. According to the Realtor Magazine, “Home buyers enjoy being the first in an up-and-coming neighborhood. They love new appliances and the lack of maintenance required compared to buying an older home.” What better way to get that new “wow” factor than to build a custom home with DaVinci Homes. Take a look at The Karina that DaVinci Homes is currently building in Eagle Mountain and give us a call at 801-355-1111 if you would like more information about it or building a custom home for yourself!
DaVinci Homes Mission Statement
Our mission is to be Utah’s premier custom and semi-custom home builder through superior customer satisfaction and exceptional building practices. We strive to make the home building process clear and enjoyable. We believe in helping our clients enhance their lives by helping create the home of their dreams.